Ever since I have understood the meaning of being healthy, I have heard about swimming being a very helpful exercise. Well it is well known that swimming helps you to lose weight and burn your calories. So it is indeed a good exercise for weight loss.
Swimming and weight loss
Swimming is one of the most effective cardiovascular exercises. It burns your calories faster than any other exercise and helps you in losing weight. It also has a lot of other health benefit to consider.
While you swim, you need to almost all the muscles in your body and this is why your heart and your lungs have to work really hard to provide them the required oxygen. Thus even your cardiovascular system does its own part of workout.
A regular swimming does not only help you to lose weight, it also prevents your body from storing any fats. On top of that, it reduces the chances of high blood pressure and chronic diseases.
However, a regular swimming routine can burn between 90-550 calories in just a half an hour session.
What are the benefits of swimming?
There are a lot of benefits of swimming. They are—
- Burns your calories and helps you in losing weight. Tones up your muscles and improves your figure.
- Heals injuries faster. If you have been through an accident lately and you are unable to do any exercise, swimming might help you to recover and heal faster.
- Swimming improves your body strength and stamina. Keeps you healthy and reduces the possibilities of various diseases.
- It is quite relaxing and refreshes your mind and body. It works as a mood energizer.
Swimming for beginners
Well everything at first can be tricky. So if you are a beginner then you should take care of a few things before you start swimming. They are—
- For beginners as an exercise you can do four swimming exercises—Freestyle, Butterfly, Break-stroke and Backstroke.
- Enroll yourself in swimming classes. Be regular.
- Try to do swimming at least once a week.
- Always remember to do a little stretch before you start swimming.
- Start with a short length of distance at first and keep increasing the distance with time.
- Compete yourself. Challenge yourself every week to do better.
Swimming and Calories
Swimming can actually help you a lot when it comes to burning weight. It is one of the best exercises to lose weight. Well the result may vary from person to person depending on various factors. However, depending on your body weight and exertion level you can burn up to 90-550 calories in just a half an hour session.
You need to maintain a healthy diet while you are on a regular swimming session. As you know the diet is the most important thing to consider when it comes to weight loss. You need to eat a lot of protein, fiber and other nutrients to keep yourself energetic and healthy. Drink a lot of water.
Swimming is indeed a great exercise for your weight loss program. It helps you to burn a lot of calories and on top of that it will give you a beautiful toned body. So start your swimming sessions ASAP. If you already a swimming lover then share us your experience here.