Weight loss can be hell of a ride. From a regular exercise routine to a healthy diet plan, you find yourself to be packed with a lot of stuffs. What affects us the most is that the food and its taste. Well talking about healthy food here, how can we miss Quinoa?
Quinoa might be quite popular as a healthy food, but do you know Quinoa has a lot of other benefits? Quinoa is a super food, a great replacement for rice, which has quite a neutral flavor. This amazing health food can be cooked as various dishes which indeed provide you a lot of nutrients.
Benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa has a lot of benefits. It helps you to shed some extra pounds, provides you the essential nutrients and burns your body fat and calories. Here are a few benefits of Quinoa—
- Quinoa helps you in shedding some extra pounds. The 20-hydroxyecdysone found in Quinoa burns body fat and calories faster and it does not let your body store the fats. That means it does not only help you in losing weight, it also does not let you gain weight. Keeps you away from obesity.
- Quinoa contains a lot of nutrients such as vitamin B-complex, essential minerals like phosphorus and a good amount of magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and manganese. These minerals keep your healthy and fit where vitamin B complex improves your metabolism.
- Quinoa contains a lot of proteins and fibers. A study shows that the proper amount of fiber can help you in losing weight. The protein keeps your body energetic.
- Quinoa controls your blood sugar and burns calories during digestion in a higher rate.
- Quinoa also contains antioxidants which keeps your body away from oxidative damages.
What to eat
Quinoa can be served in many ways. If you are finding it difficult to decide what to eat, then here are a few dishes for you—
- Shrimp Paella with Quinoa – Try the traditional Shrimp Paella but this time with Quinoa instead of rice. Add a plenty of vegetables like sun dried tomatoes, peas or bell peppers while cooking Quinoa. Quinoa has a lot of protein and antioxidants which is important in your weight loss journey. Although shrimp has a lot of cholesterol but its low on fats. Therefore it is quite a healthy meal plan. Also, shrimp contains a lot of protein, vitamin B12 and Iron.
- Quinoa Protein Bars – Start your day with these energetic bars and rock your workout regime. The Quinoa bars contain a minimum amount of 14 grams of protein per serving. The taste of dark chocolate and the health benefits of Quinoa certainly make a great combination.
- Quinoa Salad – Add tomatoes, beans, basil, cashews and a bit of cheese to Quinoa and your healthy, tasty Quinoa salad is ready. The salad will enhance your taste bud and improve your digestion.
- Quinoa Pilaf with Turkey Cutlets – Its weekend and you want to eat something delicious yet healthy? Here is the turkey and Quinoa for you. This weekend blast gives you 16g protein per servings. Although it has less than 300 calories, still a good option to tone up your muscles.
so here are a few things you can eat while you are on Quinoa diet. The meals are quite tasty and also helpful in your weight loss journey. if you have any other meal plans in mind, feel free to share in our comment box.