Mono meal diet plan may sound to be a new idea for you but it is actually an age old diet plan that has been used for quite a long time now. The idea of mono diet plan is to stick to one particular food and eat it every day. The real reason behind this mono diet plan aka “Mono Island” is to provide your body a chance to cleanse and heal itself.
How to start your mono diet
Well most people are not used to mono diet plans. And if not followed properly, one may fall into the prey of unwanted side effects. This is why before you are planning to start a mono diet plan you need to take care of a few things—
- If you are someone who is into a diet that includes a lot of fats and processed foods say like a standard American diet, then it is advisable to start reducing the amount of fat and processed foods in your diet three or four days prior to your mono diet. If you suddenly start your mono diet then you may find your body’s detox process uncomfortable.
- The common fruits that you can include in your mono diet are Bananas, mangoes, water melons or melons. So after you have planned your mono island, decide which fruit you want to eat. If you are someone who is not much into fruits, then Banana is the best option for you. Also, you can get bananas in any season of the year. The banana diet will be more satisfying and cheaper. People who already have some previous experience with fruit diets then they can go for mangoes or water melons for a deeper cleansing mono diet.
- While you are planning for your mono diet, remember that you also need to plan how much you are going to eat. First calculate the amount of calories you normally take in a day and then see if you can get that much of calories from your mono fruit.
- The diet does not have any particular period of time, but it is advisable you continue the diet at least for 3 days. That is the minimum period of time you need to continue the diet for best results. The maximum days depends on you.
What to do during your Mono Diet
The start is always ready. What matters is can you stick to it? A mono diet is not a cakewalk and you need to know how to stick to it. Here are a few tips—
- Start your morning with at least one glass of water. That will prepare your body for the process of cleansing and digestion. Regarding the diet plan, eat whenever you feel hungry and stop whenever you feel full.
- Your energy level may fluctuate depending on various factors. You may be filled with a lot of energy or sometimes you might feel a little drained. That is completely normal. If you somehow feel a bit less energetic, it is advisable to take rest.
- You may find that your emotions are heightened and you may feel things more than you used to. The reason you may feel that way is because there is not enough food that can suppress your feelings or emotions. So hang on to it, listen to some good music and try to relax whenever you feel uncomfortable.
- You need to sleep early during your mono diet plan. The best time to heal your body is the time when you sleep. So go to sleep early at night. Complete at least 8 hours of sleep every day.
Results of Mono Diet Plan
The mono diet plan is indeed a really effective diet plan and it has a lot of benefit. Here are a few things you can expect—
- You can lose a lot of weight
- Increased energy level
- Smooth, clean and better looking skin
- Improved digestive system
- Peaceful mental state
- Better mood and sense of happiness.
Is Mono Diet Plan Really Effective?
Mono diet plan is the fastest way to lose weight. The diet plan cleanses your mind, body and soul. You can lose weight, feel great and feel energetic too. So yes! The mono diet plan is indeed quite effective. All you have to do is follow the diet plan properly. You will definitely get your desired result.