Your weight loss journey needs a great diet plan that includes a lot of protein, fiber and other nutrients. And if you do not know what to eat and how to eat, you will never get the right result. The most important thing you need to take care of in your diet is protein. You may already know that your diet should be low on carbohydrate and high on protein. So here are a few things to help you with the right food items that include a lot of proteins—
Add Fruits and Vegetables in your diet – Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of protein and you should add a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet plan while you are on a weight loss journey. Here is what you need to add especially –
- Spinach – Remember Popeye the sailor man? The one who used to eat spinach and then become the super hero? Well be a spinach lover like Popeye and add a lot of spinach in your daily diet. In one cup cooked spinach you will get 4 grams of protein. It also contains vitamin A and C, anti-oxidant and heart-healthy folate. Remember to add steamed spinach on your soups, omelets, pasta dishes and veggie stir-fries, or simply steam it and top with pepper, garlic, olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- Guava – Guava is the highest protein contained fruit. It contains 4 grams of protein along with 9 grams of fiber. It is the healthiest fruit and also contains a lot of vitamin C. Add a lot of guavas in your breakfast.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – This is my personal favorite and it contains 6 grams of protein. Tomatoes also contains anti-oxidants and prevents any causes of your lungs, skin or stomach cancer. Add sun-dried tomatoes in your salad, pizza toppings or you can even eat them raw.
Eggs and Poultry – Eggs and poultries contain a lot of proteins. Here is what type of poultry you should add in your diet—
- Turkey – Turkey is no longer just a tasty meal but it is also quite healthy. A quarter pound turkey burger contains 16 grams protein and is rich in DHA omega-3 acid. It energizes your mood and turn off your fat genes. While you are buying turkey remember to buy the white meat only. The black one contains a lot of fats. Eat grilled turkey or prepare it on your won at your house.
- Eggs – Start your day with two hard boiled eggs every day. It is regarded as the cheapest, easiest and most available source of proteins. One egg contains 7 grams of proteins. Eggs also contain a lot of amino acids, antioxidants and iron. One of the best dishes from eggs you can possibly eat is goat cheese omelet with tomato and spinach. This dish is not only tasty but it is quite tasty as well.
- Chicken – A cooked chicken breast contains 26 grams of protein. Chicken is really a very good source of protein. If you are in short of ideas for chicken items here is what you can do- make a chicken burrito for yourself. This tasty salad will help you with a lot of fibers and proteins.
Red Meat and fish are your best Friends – Red meats and fishes contain a lot of protein and it is very important for you to eat a lot of red meat as well as fishes. Here is what you should add in your diet –
- Beef – A beef steak or a beef burger in a day will give you at least 20 gram protein and that is lot of protein for a day. Beef also has a higher level of omega-3 fatty acids and reduces the risks of heart diseases.
- Salmon Fish – Salmon seems to be an oily fish but it is very helpful when it comes to weight loss contrary to popular beliefs. One piece of salmon contains 17 grams of proteins and salmon fish actually helps you in losing weight faster.
- Ostrich – If you are fed up of eating chicken or turkey or may be even beef, here is what you can opt for—Ostrich meat. It tastes better than beef and less fatty than chicken or turkey. 4 pieces of ostrich meat contains 29 grams of proteins. Start adding ostrich meat on your diet.
So here are a few things that contain a lot of protein and you should add on your diet. These high protein meal plans will help you to lose weight in just a few days. So start planning your diet and start your weight loss journey now.