If you have no idea what a Paleo diet is, then let me take you to the days when cavemen used to live. Paleo diet is actually a diet plan where there you only eat green vegetables and meat. There is no place for whole grain, sugar items, legumes, fats and any kind of processed foods.
Paleo diet consists of a lot of proteins and it does not include fats. Basically it is a way of eating the healthy food in a different way.
What to eat on your Paleo Diet
Your Paleo diet plan needs a lot of attention and you need to add the following foods in your diet list—
- All kinds of meats – This will include chicken, beef, lamb, turkey, pork, mutton and others.
- Seafood and fish – prefer the wild-caught seafood. Add salmon, shrimps, trout, haddock, shellfish etc.
- Eggs – remember to opt for omega-3 enriched eggs.
- The right vegetables – Carrots, onions, tomatoes, broccolis and kale are good choices.
- Fresh Fruits – Adding apples, bananas, oranges, avocados and all other beneficial fruits in the diet will make the diet richer in nutrients.
- Add Tubers – Potatoes, yams and sweet potatoes are important too.
- Seeds and Nuts are important – Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, sun flower seeds and pumpkin seeds will complement the diet plan.
- Spices and salts – Sea salt, Himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric and rosemary.
- Oils and healthy fats – olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil and so on.
These are the foods that should be included in your Paleo diet plan.
What not to eat on your Paleo Diet
- Drinks or foods that contain sugar – Soft drinks, fruit juice, candy, pastries or ice creams.
- Dairy Products – Milk, butter, cheese and other dairy products. Not even the low fat ones.
- Grains – Breads, wheat, rye, barley, pasta and so on.
- Any kind of vegetable oils – sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, grape seed oil and so on.
- Any kind of sweeteners that is artificial.
- Processed foods.
These are the foods you need to avoid in your Paleo diet plan.
However, Paleo diet plan has an advantage that you can add red wine or dark chocolate in your diet once in a while. Also, regarding beverages you can drink tea or coffee once a day. Both of them are quite beneficial as they are loaded with anti-oxidants which are actually helpful in your weight loss journey.
Paleo diet and its results in your weight loss journey
Your weight loss journey does not only consist of a proper diet, you need to go for a proper exercise routine too. Paleo diet definitely helps you in losing weight, but you need to remember that the results may vary from person to person. Some people may get quick results and some may not. But one should not be disappointed as sooner or later the results will come.
Here are a few things you can expect from a Paleo diet in your weight loss journey—
- Initially you will lose your water weight. You may lose up to 5-10 pound in the very first week.
- Though the first week’s result can be over whelming as it only sheds the water weight first, then you will see a steady but remarkable result in the upcoming weeks.
- You can see the standard and moderate weight loss of 1-2 pounds every week. Even if the result is slow, it is long lasting. So do not get de-motivated. As the idea of Paleo diet is to eat healthy and eat well.
Well this ancient protein loaded healthy diet comes in handy when you really want to lose weight. The diet plan helps you with the right amount of protein and nutrients which keeps you healthy. The result may be slow and steady but it is long lasting. Well a result that Paleo diet gives, is worth waiting for!