Detox plans in your weight loss journey come as a boon. It helps you in losing weight, boosts your energy level, improves your metabolism, and improves your digestive system. Cherry on the top, it makes your skin glow. Detox makes you look beautiful from within.
Detox diet plan looks like a no fun diet plan. The diet will no longer consist of any grain, milk, sugar or alcohol. The purpose of the detox plan is to reduce rest and rebuild. The thing with detox plan is that it is not merely a weight loss plan that will reduce weight in a very short span of time. It also detoxifies your body and the organs – the liver, kidney and your heart as well as improves their performance.
Why does a Detox Diet plan work?
Your detox diet plan is all about raw fruits and vegetables. The plethora of the raw fruits and vegetables cleanses your body and removes all the toxins and extra fats from your body. The raw fruits and vegetables have more and better nutrients than the vegetables cooked. Think about it. A raw tomato will give you more nutrients than a steamed or a cooked one.
What is the ideal Detox Diet plan?
There are a lot of options for detox diet plan available for you. You need to choose the right one for you depending on various circumstances.
However, if you are beginner, then you can start your detox plan with the 7 days detox diet plan for yourself. The 7 days detox diet plan will cleanse your body, improve your metabolism, regulate your digestive system and help you in losing weight.
How to start your Detox Diet plan?
The detox plan has to be a perfect one. So grab your journal, fix a date for yourself. Make sure you do not mix up your diet routine with any upcoming events like a birthday party or a wedding on the way. Plan out your diet in a proper way. Do not step back once you have started.
What to eat and what not to eat
Your detox diet plan is all about foods. So you need to take care of your food in a very specific way. Here is what you need to eat while you are on a detox diet plan—
- Water: the most important thing is water. Drink at least 3 liters of water in a day.
- Fruits: All kinds of fruits.
- Vegetables: All kinds of fresh vegetables.
- Lean Meat: Chicken without the skin or any red meat. But remember only two times a week.
- Legumes: Kidney Beans, Chickpeas and Lentils
- Extra virgin Olive oils
- Coconut Oil
- All kinds of nuts: Almonds, walnuts and cashews
- Seeds: sesame seeds, pumpkins and sunflower seeds.
- Tea: Green Tea, White Tea and Black Tea.
Along with this list of what to eat, there is a list of what no to eat in your detox diet plan. The things you should avoid are—
- Dried Fruits
- Milk Products
- Honey, sugar or maple syrup
- Grains: wheat, rye, barley, oats and rice.
So there will be no more breads, cakes, biscuits or pastas in your life for the next 7 days. But hey! These sacrifices are worth it.
7 Days Detox plan
Your detox plan needs a lot of planning and if you do not know how to plan it, then here we are to assist you with the proper planning—
- The kickass start in the morning – Your morning should be fresh and energetic. So start your day with a glass of fresh lemon juice. Squeeze half of lemon juice in a full glass of lukewarm water. Drink before your breakfast. You will feel fresh for the whole day.
- The right kind of Exercise – Your detox diet plan needs a bit of exercise and not just any kind of exercise. The exercise should include jogging, kickboxing or just boxing and running. Anything that makes you sweat is the right type of exercise for you.
- Fruits and Vegetables – You know the right way to eat the fruits and vegetables in your detox plan is to eat it raw. Ditch the age old method of cooking and eating for these 7 days and try to eat everything raw as much as possible. The raw foods contain lot of nutrients and enzymes.
- Chew the food properly – Well you might feel this is a bad idea but trust me eating slow is the best way to eat. Chew at least 10-12 times before you swallow food. The more you chew, the more you can digest food properly and you feel the sense of satisfaction. You do not over eat.
- Cleanse your mind – The idea is not only about cleansing your body but also cleansing your mind. So along with the detox diet plan, you should also aim for meditation of at least 15 minutes daily in the morning. Meditation will help you release the stress and you will feel amazing for the rest of the day.
- Hydrate Yourself – The right type of detox plan includes a lot of water and other fluids. Drink at least 3 liters of fluids daily. Be it water, vegetable juice or any sugarless fruit juice, drinking lot of fluids will help your body to support kidney detoxification. It will also make you skin look clearer and brighter.
Detox Meal Recipe for you
You might find detox meals boring. But hey! There are a few recipes that might make your boring meal quite interesting. Here they are—
- Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps—this is an ideal meal for your detox plan. Here are the ingredients—
- 4 oz chicken breasts that is cut into thin strips.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion cut into ring shapes
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 2 bell peppers cut properly
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced properly
- 1 teaspoon chili powder.
Recipe – Heat the olive oil in a skillet in medium heat. Add the chicken in the pan. Keep it there for 5 minutes until the both sides turn brown. Add chili powder, garlic powder and chopped oregano on both the sides and coat them. Add the bell peppers, onions and jalapeno to the skillet and cook until soft for 15 minutes. Take them out, wrap them into the lettuce leaves and serve hot.
- Veggie Omelet – This is an ideal meal for breakfast. It will give you amazing feeling of satisfaction and help you with a lot of nutrients and proteins. Here are the ingredients you need—
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut them into halves
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon cheese
- ¼ avocado sliced properly
Recipe – Heat the ½ of the olive oil in medium heat in a skillet and add the bell pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook until the bell peppers become soft. Once they are soft, add the green onions and turn off the heat.
Whisk the egg, egg whites and ½ teaspoon of water together until it turns light and airy. Put ½ teaspoon olive oil in one skillet and heat it. Put the whisked egg into the skillet. Cook until you see half of the whisked egg is cooked. Now Use a spatula to gently lift one side of the omelet so that the runny eggs can pool below, then lay back down the cooked eggs and top the entire top of the omelet with cheese.
Once the egg is fully cooked, add the veggies in the centre of the omelet and now gently fold over the egg. Cook for another one minute. Top with avocado and you are good to go.
So here are a couple detox meal recipes for you just to show you that detox meal plans are not as boring as you think. The idea of detox meal plan is to provide you detoxification and cleanse your body from within. Follow this 7 days detox plan for weight loss and you will get amazing results in just 7 days. You can thank us later.