The word “Ayurveda” literally means “knowledge of life”. The idea of Ayurveda teaches us to live with the terms of nature and lead a healthy life style. However, the Ayurvedic diet plan can help you in your weight loss journey by providing you the right nutrients and right results.
Ayurveda is all about the right food and the right treatment. And to be precise every Ayurveda treatment tells you that losing weight revolves around your own Ayurvedic dosha. As Ayurveda tells us that every individual has his own Ayurvedic dosha, it means that every individual has their own biological energy which governs the individual’s constitution both physically and mentally. The dosha is divided into three parts, where each dosha reflects different combination of the elements—vata (wind and air), pitta (fire and water) and kapha (earth and water).
How to follow your Ayurvedic diet
Your Ayurvedic diet plan needs to be specific and well planned. Just like any other diet plans, Ayurveda diet plans have some ground rules to follow. Here are a few tips for you on how you can follow your Ayurvedic diet plan—
- Start your morning with a glass of Lemon Water—the first thing you should do in the morning after you wake up is to drink a large glass of lemon water. That will keep you fresh and for the whole day and give you a great start in the morning.
- Exercise – Every diet plan needs exercise and Ayurveda diet plan too require a bit of exercise. Do at least a minimum of 30 minutes exercise in the morning and flow some of the body sweats. Daily exercise keeps your mind fresh.
- Relax your mind and body—Keep your eyes closed for 5 to 10 minutes and try to relax.
- Three meals everyday; avoid snacks completely – according to Ayurveda, your body works amazingly and buns fats when it is loaded with fuel, i.e. food. Therefore you should eat meals three times a day. The first medium meal of the day is breakfast so start your day by eating breakfast. The timing should be between 7.00-9.00 am. Then you should take the largest meal of the day, lunch between 11.30 am to 2.30 pm. Then you should take the smallest meal of the day, i.e. The dinner which you should take in between 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Explore the six tastes of food— Ayurveda diet plan mainly focuses on six tastes – sweet, salty, bitter, pungent, sour and astringent. `So make sure to include all the six tastes in your diet plan daily. The reason behind the importance of all the tastes is that these make your body burn fats and calories faster and better. The standard American diet plan includes a lot of sweet and salty tastes and that makes your body store a lot of fats. But tastes like pungent, bitter and sour balance your diet.
- Walk a little after every meal – You should go for a walk for 10 to 20 minutes after every meal. That will improve your digestion and stimulate your peristalsis. If you cannot go for a walk after each meal, then at least walk after your lunch as that is the heaviest meal of the day.
- The sun should determine your daily routine – Well you know that our ancestors used to sleep just when the sun went down and wake up just when the sun went up. But as this is not quite possible for us now, so make sure you go to bed before 10 pm, but wake up as soon as the sun rises. The “early to bed and early to rise” proverb is actually very important thing to follow.
Why Ayurveda diet plan is important
Well you may come across a lot of diet plans in your weight loss journey nut Ayurveda is quite different. Not only it helps you to lose weight but also the result is long lasting.
The Ayurveda diet plan revolves around six main tastes – sweet, salty, bitter, sour, pungent and astringent. Now let us see what the goals of Ayurveda diet plan are—
- Maintain your digestive system – Ayurveda diet plans help you to digest your food better.
- Improves your metabolism – Ayurveda diet plans improves your metabolism. Burns body fat and calories.
- Controls your carbohydrate intakes – Ayurveda diet plans suppresses your hunger, which means you no more crave for unhealthy snacks and you stay away from carbs and calories.
The Ayurvedic diet plan is actually a very healthy diet plan to follow on your weight loss journey. You will get amazing and long lasting results. So start your Ayurvedic diet plan as soon as possible and share us your experience.